When it comes to the pharmaceutical industry, every detail counts, and decisions can have real consequences. A Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company needed help implementing SAP ERP functionality to support their global operations in their planning, financials, supply chain, manufacturing, and business intelligence business processes. With so much at stake, they turned to GP Strategies to achieve a successful implementation.
Created a smooth rollout of SAP for 90,000 end users in 75 countries.
With the formidable task of creating major changes within the organization’s global SAP system (including 44 separate deployments spanning three regions), there were wide-ranging challenges to overcome, specifically:
- Incorporating a variety of processes and systems
- Delivering training in multiple languages
- Managing training for acquisitions and divestures during the project
- Updating training materials for global processes after each deployment for previous deployments
- Continuing to support 16,000 existing SAP users and continuous improvement projects while rolling out simultaneously to new users
GP Strategies was selected to support the organization’s rollout of SAP for 90,000 end users in 75 countries. We provided a team of instructional designers to develop a blended learning curriculum for the organization’s workforce.
GP Strategies provided:
- Training needs analyses to determine learning strategies for a global audience
- Creation of system overview and navigation eLearning
- Creation of business process and system eLearning
- Delivery of instructor-led workshops
- Delivery of virtual instructor-led workshops
- Training for organizational resources to deliver training through train-the-trainer sessions
- Creation of performance support documentation
- Creation of a global super user network
GP Strategies successfully implemented a blended learning curriculum of 300 instructor-led and virtual training courses and 98 eLearning courses. The solution included creating 1,600 step-by-step work instructions and simulations.
The GP Strategies team has supported the sustainment of the solution and additional functionality rollouts. We also worked with the organization’s employee base to build internal capabilities and allow for maintenance to be performed by internal staff. The organization has experienced significantly increased user adoption over seven years and counting.